Various diets claim that they can help with weight loss. Here is one popular weight loss diet – Whole30, and what you can and cannot eat on the diet.
- Diet plays a very important role in weight loss
- Here is what you can, and cannot eat on the Whole30 weight loss diet
New Delhi: The diet you follow has a very significant impact on your weight loss. According to research, the weight loss process comprises only 30 per cent exercise, and 70 per cent diet. Given how important it is to eat right, there are various diets for weight loss that have made their way to us in the past few years. While some people believe going back to the way our ancestors ate can help us lose weight and be healthy, others believe we need to change with time, and adopt the newest diet trends. One of the many diets that have gained popularity in helping in weight loss is the Whole30 diet. The Whole30 diet is an interesting diet, and here is all you need to know about it.
What is the Whole30 diet?
The Whole30 diet is a fad diet for 30 days. It works on the principle of setting short-term, achievable goals, which can help you become healthier. On the Whole30 diet, there are certain strict rules about what you can eat, and what is off the table.
- Added sugar is a no-no – Added sugar, real or artificial, cannot be consumed on the Whole30 diet. This includes sugar in the form of syrup, stevia, honey, etc. Sugar is a strict no on the Whole30 diet. Any food that contains sugar should also not be consumed.
- Do not smoke or drink – Alcohol of any kind, and tobacco products like cigarettes cannot be consumed during the Whole30 diet. Dishes that require you to add alcohol to them in the process of cooking should also be avoided.
- Say no to grains – This one can be a little difficult. While the above two are parts of almost all diets for weight loss, ruling out grains from the diet can be difficult. However, according to the Whole30 diet, you cannot eat any type of grains – wheat, rye, barley, oats, etc.
- Goodbye legumes – Legumes are one of the healthiest foods out there, but on the whole30 diet, they are off the table. Beans, peas, lentils, and all soy products cannot be consumed on the Whole30 diet.
- No dairy – Dairy products like milk, curd, cottage cheese, cheese, etc. are all restricted on the Whole30 diet. Vegan milk and products can be consumed, given they do not contain any of the other restricted ingredients.
- Some other rules – The Whole30 diet comes with some more rules, apart from the above restrictions. One cannot consume junk or processed food, even if it contains the ingredients that are allowed on the diet. You are also not supposed to step on the weighing scale, or take your body measurements, for the Whole30 days, of the Whole30 diet.
What can you eat on the Whole30 diet?
While the above-listed foods and ingredients are completely restricted on the whole30 diet, there are certain healthy foods that should be consumed on the Whole30 diet. These include –
- Ghee – Ghee is a very important component of the Indian diet, and is considered very healthy for strength. You can consume ghee or any other clarified butter on the Whole30 diet.
- Fruit juice – If you have been wondering where you will get your carbs from, here is the answer. Fruit juice contains natural sugar, and will help your body with its carbohydrate requirements.
- Vinegar – Since you cannot use alcohol to add more flavour to your foods on the Whole30 diet, you are allowed to use vinegar – all types.
- Salt – Salt is an important part of the food we eat and is responsible for flavour and taste of food. Salt also contains iodine, and provides for the iodine requirements of the body. Consumption of salt is allowed on a Whole30 diet.